Friday, March 25, 2011

"Garden Open Today": Daffodil Days


It is that time of year when the Daffodils are beginning to peek through the earth. I have been diligently planting Daffodils or Narcissus here at the M.H. Merchant Stone House now for 3 years and have planted thousands of them. Not only Daffodils but other bulbs such as Muscari, Allium, Scillia, and others.

So the "Garden Open Today" events will be a series of open garden days in which one can personally explore the gardens here and get a little tour.


Daffodil Days will be held on two weekends in April and early May from 1 p.m. till 6 p.m.

April 9th and 10th. Which will feature early Daffodil varieties and minor bulbs.

April 30th and May 1st. Which will feature late blooming varieties and other flowering perennials and shrubs.



Please make note that these dates are firm and depending on the weather you will see many different plants or perhaps none at all. Please feel free to contact me closer to the dates so I can inform you to what is happening in the gardens.

This is an organic experiment I am trying out and would truly love for all of you to make it out here and see the gardens in person as well as shake my hand, say hi, and have a garden chat.


I am also planning a mid-summer and late summer/early fall "Garden Open Today" program. Mid-summer will focus on my Hemerocallis collection as well as other great summer perennials. The late summer session will be geared towards the large gigantic perennials I covet as well as my "on-growing" collection of unusual tropicals. Dates will be announced soon.

I hope to see you all at some point at one of these "Open Garden Today" events.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Todd, What a wonderful idea! Let me be the first to sign up for the daffodil tour. And your blog is looking characteristically splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Todd, Nice Daffodil varieties. I'll call them, 'Todd's Delicious Daffodils' Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete