Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Arrangement: August


This months arrangement is all about purple. I put together this bouquet to take to my mother in a gray stoneware jug. Early August was a flush of white in the gardens and now in late summer purple is the showstopper.


I decided to put together electric purples and fuchsias like the Verbena and Cosmos with the mauve background of Eupatorium. Using a softer toned background really helped to calm the whole piece down.


I love how the little Nicotiana 'Baby bella' with it's deep plum-red blooms (above) dance out of the bouquet like butterflies.


I also placed some Dolichos lablab vine; flowers, pods, leaves and for unusual complementary texture.




To finish off the arrangement I placed it in the gray jug and set it on an old gray stool to complement the purples and calm down those electric, but amazing colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment